Applying to the International Development Internship Program
International Development Internship Program Application Process
Students applying for the International Development Internship Program (IDIP) must submit completed applications and supporting materials by late April. Students must be of junior standing or beyond (in any major) and have a minimum of a 3.4 grade point average. In addition, three references, a university transcript, and a four hundred word statement of purpose essay explaining your interest in the field of international development and why you want to be a part of IDIP are required. If accepted to the program there is a $2,000 fee.
Further, students must possess the:
- Capacity to work and live effectively under remote, isolated conditions.
- Freedom from medical conditions requiring regular access to medical care or access to specialized care.
- Ability to live and work effectively without access to counseling or other psychological support.
- Aptitude to rely on a small, close-knit community of development professionals, home-stay family.
- Skill and willingness to engage in demanding cross-cultural, professional projects.
- Flexibility, confidence and fortitude in ambiguous independent situations.
Financial Aid Information
Specific scholarships for the IDIP program are available. Information on student financial assistance is available through Student Financial Services. Program fee: Student must pay a $2,000 fee for IDIP during the Winter quarter.
Additional resources may be available in the form of need-based scholarships and low interest loans. For further information, contact:
Student Financial Services
901 12th Avenue, PO Box 222000
Seattle WA 98122-1090