CIEE study abroad in Ghana
Fall or Spring Semester
Academics: The Arts and Sciences study abroad program in Legon provides an opportunity for students from all academic disciplines to study in Ghana. Popular areas of study for participants include political science, history, dance, and music, but a full range of academic areas are provided and available to participants. Every student is required to take a Twi language course, which is the predominant local language in Ghana. The program includes;
- Classroom based experience based on the British educational model.
- Classes are with Ghanaian and other international students.
- Internships are available
- Large class sizes, typically 100 students or more.
- Take a six week Twi language course.
- Grades based primarily on final exam.
- Interaction with the local community through volunteer opportunities and campus involvement.
- Field trips to local points of interest with CIEE
- Independent travel on weekends
Credits: Students must be enrolled in a full semester load 15-18 credits. Students will take the required Twi language course and a minimum of four additional courses chosen from the regular offerings at the University of Ghana.
Housing: Students have the option of on-campus dormitory housing, off-campus house, or homestay.
Program Cost Estimates: $15,165 (based on 2013-2014 tuition, sudject to change) + $1,600 paid directly to CIEE for board. Cost includes tuition, housing, orientation, and in-country excursions.
- Good academic and conduct standing
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Application Deadline: February 14, 2014
Country Specific Information