Posted by Sheryn Crater on
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Yesterday was the start to Advising Period for spring registration! It is hard to believe it is time to start thinking about spring quarter, but we are already several weeks into the quarter! Below are some reminders, so please make sure you read below as there is important information.
ADVISING PERIOD: February 4-February 15.
- Advising Period is a time for you to meet with your advisor to go over your long term plan, as well as, look at course options for the spring quarter. Our calendars are already filling up, so please try to schedule early!
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: You are required to meet with your advisor for the first two quarters you are at Seattle University. Fall and winter quarter transfers must meet with an advisor to release your advising hold. We will not release this hold during registration, so please schedule your appointment now!
- FRESHMAN: You must meet with your New Student Mentor (NSM) this quarter to release your winter advising hold. Even if you have met with your academic advisor, you will still need to meet with your NSM!
- You should be receiving an email with your Registration Appointment soon; if you miss this email you can always find your Registration Appointment on SU online.
REGISTRATION PERIOD BEGINS: February 19th.
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: Fall quarter Transfer students must have completed their Excel Certification. If you have not passed the certification, your registration date will be delayed. You need to make sure you have scheduled a test date prior to registration.
There are lots of events going on this week, make sure you are a part of them!
Freshman: Thursday, February 7th is the Gear-Up Event. This is a mandatory event for all freshmen. Join us in Pigott 103 from 12:25-1:25 pm to learn about what to expect from your sophomore year. Lunch is provided. RSVP with your NSM!
Thursday, February 7th: Internship Fair in Campion Ballroom from 11:00 am-2:00 pm. See a list of attending organizations in the Redhawk Network: www.seattleu.edu/redhawknetwork
Thursday, February 7th: Executive Speaker Series: John McAdam, President, CEO & Director of F5 Networks, “From Surviving to Thriving: The F5 Story, “ Pigott Auditorium, 5:30 pm.