Hosted and Sponsored programs may cancel at this time without any cancellation penalties, with the exception of charges already incurred on behalf of the conference or event (for example, if equipment has been rented). Programs that are not hosted or sponsored, but are organized by faculty and/or staff members are still required to pay cancellation fees.
- For events: written cancellation must be received by Conference and Event Services Office by no later than two (2) weeks in advance of the event date, or full payment is required.
- For conferences: If the organization cancels the program before the program start date, the Organization will forfeit the non-refundable conference fee and will pay (1) any direct expenses paid by the University to a third party in preparing for the Program and (2) an amount as liquidated damages, computed as follows, for the University’s lost business opportunity:
- Conference Cancellation 91 to 150 days prior to the Program Start Date - 25% of the “Total Estimated Conference Charges” as listed in the conference agreement;
- Conference Cancellation 45 – 90 days prior to the Program - 50% of the “Total Estimated Conference Charges”
- Cancellation 44 – 22 days prior to the Program - 75% of the “Total Estimated Conference Charges”
- Cancellation fewer than 21 days prior to the Program – 100% of the “Total Estimated Conference Charges”
All deposits paid by the organization as of the date of the cancellation will be applied against any cancellation fees due.