Your insurance benefit options are the same set of plans available in 2013 and delivered through the same insurance companies.
- Medical rates for the Premera PPO and Group Health HMO have been adjusted due to the following:
- 2014 is the third and final year in a three-year program to increase “Employee Only” rates closer to our peers (measured as a percentage of total premium). In 2014, the University expects to pay on average 85% of the premium for Employee Only coverage.
- Rates to cover spouses or children have also been adjusted to reflect relative value of the benefit for these dependents and to remain aligned with peers.
- Fees assessed under the Affordable Care Act have added expense to our plans. These fees will be used to support the launch of the new public exchanges or will fund other federal research activities.
- The university’s contributions to Fidelity health savings accounts have increased from $750 to $1000 for Employee Only coverage and from $1,500 to $2,000 when you cover dependents. Your paycheck deductions for the HSA medical benefit through Premera have not changed from 2013.
- Rates for Dental, Life, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment plans have not changed.
- If you are covered by a Premera medical plan, please note that Premera’s network of providers are making a procedural change that will be effective in 2014. Certain treatments will require Premera’s pre-authorization. A current list of treatments subject to pre-authorization is available from Premera Member Services.