Welcome to Seattle University
We're delighted that you are joining Seattle University!
These webpages are designed to help you with your orientation as a new faculty member, and are intended to complement your experiences in our New Faculty Institute (NFI). NFI is organized by a planning team made up of representatives from the colleges on behalf of the Provost.
NFI has six goals:
1. To build community across campus through cross-disciplinary conversation.
2. To explore the Jesuit Catholic mission of the university.
3. To model effective teaching practices.
4. To discuss the art of balancing teaching, research/scholarship, and service.
5. To gain an awareness of key legal implications of working in higher education.
6. To explain University-level expectations around rank and tenure for tenure-track NFI participants (in a follow-up session).