Seattle University uses Microsoft Exchange 2010 to provide email, calendar, and contacts functionality to the campus community.
Exchange 2010 provides the following benefits:
- 500mb email quota for students, 2.0gb email quotas for Faculty and Staff
- Full functionality for the Outlook Web App (OWA.seattleu.edu) on Macs and PCs; Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
- Outlook Web App (https://owa.seattleu.edu) sports a “yellow” Inbox theme, and groups related email messages in a single email thread. Color themes and Inbox views can be changed to suit your preference.
Connecting to Exchange 2010
To access your SU email account, please use the following options:
- Outlook Web App: browse to https://owa.seattleu.edu
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync: configure your smartphone for owa.seattleu.edu
- IMAP/SMTP: If your email client cannot connect to ActiveSync, IMAP/SMTP settings for owa.seattleu.edu are available
Faculty and Staff using University-managed workstations have access to Microsoft Outlook 2010 (PC) and Microsoft Outlook 2011 (Mac). These programs will be auto-configured by OIT Desktop Services.
Want to change the OWA layout? Having trouble connecting to your SU email on Exchange 2010? Check out these self-support articles:
- What's new in Outlook Web App?
- Smartphone: Exchange ActiveSync settings
- Learn more about the Conversations feature (including how to turn it off)
- Recover Deleted Items in OWA
- IMAP/SMTP settings
Still having trouble? Please contct the SU Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-296-5571.