How do I forward my SU email to a personal email address?
Email can be forwarded or redirected from your Seattle University email. The difference between forwarding and redirecting email is that when forwarded email is received, it will be displayed with your Seattle University email address as the sender. The email forward feature must be configured using OWA Premium in Internet Explorer. This feature cannot currently be configured from an Apple Mac.
Step 1: Login to Outlook web access using Internet Explorer on a Windows computer.
- Visit http://owa.seattleu.edu/
- Make sure that Use Outlook Web Access Light is NOT selected.
- In the E-mail Address: field, type in your Seattle University email address.
- In the Password: field, type in your Seattle University password.
- Click the Log On button.
Step 2: Open the Options page in Outlook Web Access.
- Click on the Options button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
Step 3: Create the new rule
- Click on the Rules option in the Outlook bar at the left side of the window.
- Click on the New Rule button on the right hand pane.
- Click on the Create a new rule for arriving messages option.
Step 4: Configure the new Rule.
- In the New Rule window, under Do the following, select Forward or redirect…
- Click on check box for Forward the message to people or distribution lists.
- On the left hand pane, click on the people or distribution lists link.
Step 5: Specify the forwarding email address.
- At the bottom of the Address Book window, where the To-> button is located, type in your personal email address which you would like your email forwarded to.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Save button.
- If prompted, click on the Close button.
Step 6: Enable the rule.
- If a dialog window displays the message: "This rule will be applied to every message you receive. Are you sure you want to do this?" click OK.
Note: Do not be concerned if this message is not displayed during set up.
Finished: Your rule for forwarding email should now be active for any email that you receive!