Network and Email Accounts
Faculty and adjuncts teaching at Seattle University are provided with a single Seattle University network account. The network account is used to login to computers on campus and various services such as email, Canvas, and SUOnline.
Seattle University provides each faculty and adjunct with a Microsoft Exchange email account. This email account is linked to your network account so that both share the same username and password.
Exchange email accounts provide access to Seattle University email, calendars, contacts and tasks. Faculty and adjunct accounts have a 2.0 GB size limit. You will receive notification via email when your account is near or has exceeded the size limit. All email is scanned for virus and spam content. Please discard any unwanted spam emails.
Seattle University account passwords are set to expire every 90 days for security purposes. If you have not logged into your account or changed your password in the last 90 days you may be required to change your password. Network accounts with non-expiring passwords are not allowed by university policy (see: Computer Acceptable Use Policy).
There are several options available for accessing your Exchange email account:
- Microsoft Office Outlook (Exchange mode) from a PC. On campus desktop and laptop PCs, Microsoft Outlook will apply your computer login credentials to auto-configure your Exchange email settings.
- Outlook Web App (OWA) lets you log into your email online at https://owa.seattleu.edu. Internet Explorer provides the best experience for accessing your account using OWA. OWA can be accessed via other web browsers, but with a reduced feature set.
- Mobile Devices - Faculty and adjuncts can access their email via their iPhone and other supported smartphones. For more information, please click to see our article on Mobile Device Email Settings.
Network Accounts and your University email are supported by the OIT Help Desk. If you have a question about your account or if you are experiencing a technical problem, please contact the OIT Help Desk or call (206) 296-5571. If the issue is determined to be technical in nature, you will be asked to open a support request. To better assist you, the OIT Help Desk will request the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Seattle University email address
- Another method for contacting you (non-SU email address, phone number, etc)
Please note: The Office of Information Technology will never ask you for your password