Network and Email Accounts
Staff working at Seattle University are provided with a single Seattle University network account. The network account is used to login to computers on campus and to various services such as email, ANGEL, and SUOnline.
Looking for details about the University Email Upgrade? Please click here.
Seattle University provides each staff member with a Microsoft Exchange email account. This email account is linked to your network account, so that both share the same username and password.
Exchange email accounts provide access to Seattle University email, calendars, contacts and tasks. Staff accounts have a 2.0 GB size limit. You will receive notification via email when your account is near or has exceeded the size limit. All email is scanned for virus and spam content. Please discard any unwanted spam emails.
Seattle University account passwords are set to expire every 90 days. If you have not logged into your account or changed your password in the last 90 days you may be required to change your password. Network accounts with non-expiring passwords are not allowed by university policy. The use of Seattle University network accounts is governed by Seattle University Computer Acceptable Use Policy.
There are several options available for accessing your Exchange email account.
- Microsoft Office Outlook (Exchange mode) from a PC. On campus desktop and laptop PCs, Outlook 2007 will apply your computer login credentials to auto-configure your Exchange email settings.
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) can be accessed from a web browser at https://owa.seattleu.edu. Internet Explorer 7+ provides the best experience for accessing your account using OWA. OWA can be accessed via other web browsers, but with a reduced feature set.
- Staff can access their email via their iPhone and other supported smartphones. For more information, please click the "Get Help" tab.
Network Account and Microsoft Exchange are supported by the OIT Help Desk. If you have a question about your account or are unsure if difficulties you are experiencing are a technical problem, please contact the OIT Help Desk or call (206) 296-5571 for assistance. If the issue is determined to be technical in nature, you will be asked to open a support request with the OIT Help Desk. To better assist you, the Help Desk will request the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Seattle University email address
- Another method for contacting you (non-SU email address, phone number, etc)
Please note: The Office of Information Technology will never ask you for your password