Copy Privileges/ Departmental Copy Cards
Cost Center Managers and Administrative Assistants can make requests to add or suspend copy privileges as well as manage departmental copy cards at the following location:
What's the Difference?
If you need to use a copy machine that has an attached card reader, you will need to have either copy privileges on your SU ID card or a separate departmental copy card.
Copy cards are useful in these situations:
- Users do not have an ID card such as guests, volunteers, and temp staff
- Users have a high turnaround (such as student staff) and you would prefer not to grant and suspend privileges for these individuals
- Lost or stolen cards incur a $15 fee for replacement
- Cards are never linked to an individual but rather, to a budget
- The budget is responsible for all charges made on their dept copy cards no matter who uses them
- Each budget can have up to two copy cards
Copy privileges have the following advantages:
- The monthly copy memo will list the total amounts charged by each individual
- No need to check the card out in order to keep track of who is using it
- The department is not responsible for lost card fees
Use the menu to the left to learn how to use the online request form.